Thursday, August 28, 2008

Random Thoughts after far too long

So this post is a few weeks overdue, it will be scattered. I wouldn't call it Random Thoughts if they weren't random though...

1) Powerglove. Heavy Metal band that covers music from several notable video games. Amazing. I can't go to sleep without listening to something from their album "Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man."

2) Random Bulleted Thoughts on the Olympics: This could be a whole post in itself.
-Great job Michael Phelps. His attitude and conduct was what impressed me the most.
-Great job to all the American athletes who realized their is more to the Olympics then them being there.
-Lola Jones, who fell during the women's 100m hurdle final got more camera time after the race than the American who won. Unbelievable.
-A big thank you to the media for scrutinizing everything China did, you really did your part to bring the world together for two weeks.
-Human rights activists protested the rumored displacement of chinese citizens during Olympic construction. Interesting side note: You don't hear the Chinese complaining about it. I don't think it's because they are censored or threatened. Maybe they have learned to take the good and the bad and live with it. Sound familiar?
-The Canadian 500m Kayaker was light years ahead of everyone. So was Usain Bolt when he finally ran all out.
-Do we have to make excuses for the women's gymnastics team? We don't win so we go on the attack about the ages of our chinese counterparts. Again thanks for bringing the world together for two weeks. I've seen several tiny people in my life so I don't have a problem with a 16 year old who looks 12. I've seen 20 year olds who look 12. Stop making excuses and lets just compete and show sportsmanship for once. A silver medal is great!

3) Trying to get plugged into substitute teaching while I look for my next vocational opportunity, if that's where God is leading me. The idea of being a "ministering tentmaker" is really growing in my mind.

4) Really? Yes, yes I did. And you have to fess up if it got you.

5) Encouraging verse of the post: Matthew 13:31-32 "He presented another parable to them, saying, "The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field; and this is smaller than all other seeds, but when it is full grown, it is larger than the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches."

What you do matters, even the little things or things that seem like they don't matter.

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I like this post. Several bits of truth tucked in different places. Way to seize the teaching moments!