Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Random Thoughts from the middle of the week

In no particular order:

1) Went to the dentist yesterday. Finally got a filling on the chipped tooth that has probably been bugging me for close to half the year. It feels much better. My face was numb most of the day yesterday.

2) My political observations thus far:

Democratic ticket: "We can't afford more of the same, it is time for a change and here's the guy to do it!"

Republican ticket: "Vote for this guy, he was tortured in Vietnam and deserves it!"

3) The media has already selected our next president. Note who gets praised and who gets scrutinized if you don't believe me.

4) Tonight I get re-involved with the youth ministry at South Lansing Christian Church. I'm back in the junior high again and I know it will be great. Still no luck on finding tents to be built but at least I can still do some ministry.

5) A thought that has been floating around in my head and has nothing to do with anything recent: Is a sermon really necessary in a Church service or has it become the most sacred of cows? If I recall correctly statistically you've already forgotten 90% of it by the time you get to your car. Just wondering out loud.

6) Drive-In Church. In case you don't watch the CBS evening news. Thoughts?

7) Verse of the post: Matthew 6:1 "Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in Heaven." No particular reason for that one, it just stuck out to me. Maybe it stuck out for a reason. You'll know better than I.

2 comments:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I'm saying extra prayers for you tonight. Let me know how it goes.

Jon Hatter said...

RYC - I have not even considered casting the idea (no pun intended) at the leadership in our Church because I know what their reaction would be. ("The music guy has gone off the deep end. All in favor of cutting him loose...") But I have considered trying it out in my own life. It's an interesting thought, so say the least.