Saturday, August 2, 2008

Random Thoughts while the internet actually works...

1) Holy cow our internet is actually working! We have no idea how long this will last. For the last several weeks it is down for several hours each day. Well technically I can't vouch for the weeks I was at camp but a "reliable source" told me it was down most of that time too. We called our company to make a point about it and they are not coming out until Thursday. One thing I notice is they always say a day that's far away and then call 2 or 3 days early and say "Hey we are in the area, I know we aren't supposed to stop by until Thursday but can we stop by now?"

2) Last week at the Great Lakes Crossing Mall in Auburn Hills my dad made a purchase at FYE. It was a collection of several classic composers with some of their best work: Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Handel, Mozart, Strauss, Tchaikovsky and Vivaldi. A steal for only $20. With permission I snagged it for my Itunes and it has proven helpful to setting a relaxing tone to otherwise busy days.

3) Sat down thinking it would be nice to make a nice blog post. Two in one week would be a big deal with how inconsistent my blogging has been as of late. To be honest there's a lot on my mind (more than just the usual billions of thoughts) and I usually wait to blog until after it's processed and chewed upon. Long story short I'm still chewing, so I can't write about it!

4) This post's verse of encouragement comes from Psalm 46:10. "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." As I start the job hunt and figure things out I need to remember to do this.

2 comments:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I know I've said this already but thank you so much for coming last night. You have no idea how much that meant to Heather. Amanda even loved having you at HER party.

I'm praying for you my friend.

NewJerseyJesus said...

Hey, nice blog. I like the random thoughts concept!