Saturday, October 4, 2008

Random Thoughts with a 25 point deficit

1) Not enjoying football today. Michigan is being manhandled by Illinois. I have had a bad feeling ever since Rich Rodriguez was hired as head coach and I hope I don't have to wait 4 years for those in power to come around. Just saying...

2) The Vice-Presidential debates were on Thursday. Was there a winner? If you're a biased media then yes, but you already chose that winner several weeks ago. Let's be honest...the debate was rather pointless. A pot and a kettle stood on a podium and called each other black.

3) Good fellowship with good people yesterday. Always nice to get together with friends you don't get to see very often.

4) Finished reading Eldest today. It was an alright book, I look forward to starting the third one. I would laugh if I finished it before my sister.

5) Facebook continues to frustrate me. Why add a person you haven't talked to in years if you don't plan on talking to them? I'm certain I'm hypocritical on this to a degree, but at least on the initial add I make an attempt to catch up. When the person doesn't write back it makes me wonder why add in the first place? I feel a purge of the friend's list coming and it ain't gonna be pretty. I guess when it all boils down to it I still like community over quasi-fake-community.

6) Verse of the post: Philemon 1:6 "I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ." -- I won't get to see Religulous this weekend, I am thinking about trying to catch a (cheap) matinee next week or something. I can't resist a chance to get a good look at how the world sees Christians. I think if Christians took a passage like this one more seriously than perhaps a documentary like Religulous wouldn't be made. Of course I say this before seeing it, so I hope to update on that after I have done so.

-Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Michigan football stresses me out these days! I understand your thoughts on Facebook friends. I recently thought of doing the same but am too lazy to do so.

Thanks for the good times this weekend. It was a great day off!