Thursday, April 10, 2008

Adventures in an abandoned theater...


Today my small group from GLCC decided to head over to the new Zap Zone location. Zap Zone is a laser tag company who originally started their business in what I believe is the Elmwood plaza across from Best Buy and the Lansing Mall. Unbeknown to me Zap Zone recently purchased the old Lansing 8 Mall and relocated their amazing arena there.

The arena is as challenging and intense as it ever was. Black lights illuminate the room and strobe lights flash while pounding music increases your adrenaline. The corridors wind and twist and the battle field is truly a labyrinth of confusion and chaos. My trusty team-mate Adam Robinson stuck with me and together we forged our story through the maze. When all was said and done, we had claimed victory in the Laser Tag Battle for the Green team which we humbly represented.

After you finish playing your round you go back to the main lobby where the staff prints out stat sheets so you can know how well you did. I don't want to get too prideful, but yours truly represented an uncanny knack for strategy and solid shooting, finish first out of the 10 registered contestants. My green team cohort Adam finished 3rd, with a high schooler from the blue team taking second place.

It was a fun outing and a great time with some of the members from my small group. There is a true bond in the group that prays, eats and plays together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing of note...just wanted to let you know I stopped by to read your post. Laser Tag rules, but I am sad because I secretly wanted to buy that theatre. Oh well...

Jon Hatter said...

The lyric was from a Dream Theater song. That was why you were my guess for getting it.