Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Long Time no Blog

Hey world of the Internet, it's been awhile since I blogged. Did you watch that Looney Tunes short that I put up? You have no idea how excited I was to find that on youtube. I haven't seen that clip in years. When I was a wee lad my dad tried to tape it on VHS, and even then we only caught half of it. So finding the entire episode was very thrilling. Maybe you do have an idea how exciting that was now that I've mentioned it again after posting it.

So what else is new? Apparently my blog has 4 "followers" now, among them a dead former president! That's exciting. A lot of celebrity deaths in the past few weeks, what's up with that?

I just spent two and a half days running around with 2nd and 3rd grade students at Rock Lake Christian Assembly. It was a lot of fun. I do great with kids, and I don't say that to brag, it's the plain truth. I am starting to wonder if maybe I should consider children's ministry positions as I continue my search for a paid vocational ministry position.

Today marks day 1 of the anniversary of Gettysburg. I usually dedicate a whole post to pointing this out, but seeing how I have to work all this weekend I'll probably forget to do that. So I'll mention it now instead. The battle of Gettysburg remains one of the largest battles in our nations history. To this day the total number of casualties from this battle is still higher than any other major engagement America has been involved in.

America became divided over several issues (not just slavery), and the disagreements led to fighting and four years of a brutal civil war. The disagreement went to an extreme. What we learn from the Civil War was mentioned briefly in the Bible many years before, "If a House is divided against itself, that house cannot stand (Mark 3:25)." Fighting, violence and bloodshed are not the answers. Far too many Americans lost their lives either fighting to be heard or fighting to reunite this country. May it never happen again.

May we be careful in the Church to make sure we don't let the little things get between us; something that happens far too often. When we look at churches and what causes them to split it is so insignificant when shown in the light of the bigger picture.

Well that's all for now. I've got a fun post coming up, "My top 5 CCG's." Don't know what that means? Well you will soon enough.

Farewell for now Internet.

No comments: